Largely adding in a bunch of routines to my act. I think I’ve mentioned some, but not all, of them before, but let me sum up what I’m currently working on now.
. . . Opener: I throw an envelope on the table and ask the crowd to name different attributes of a playing card (color, suit, value, etc.) and the card the the crowd finally comes to is the one that’s inside the envelope. I’ve also been thinking of just putting it inside my wallet that way I don’t have to waste paper, but I’m afraid the super thinness of the envelope shows just how impossible it is for me to have some kind of index of 52 cards inside.
Drawing Duplication: My goal for the routine is to throw out a planner into the audience with all kinds of different drawings drawn under each date. The person… Read More
This is probably the most hilarious example of inattentional blindness I’ve ever seen. Before I show it to you, let me just say that for this to work, you need to go at it with a fresh and focused open mind, and trust me, you’ll want this to work. It’s so amazing.
Ok . . . following is a link to a page that will show a java video (takes a while to load) of I believe six people. Three are wearing black shirts and three are wearing white shirts. The video shows them passing two basketballs back and forth to each other. The objective is to track the two basketballs at the same time and count how many times a basketball has been passed from one person with a white shirt to another person with a white shirt. This is a more challenging task… Read More
Tolerance seems to go from one extreme to another. It used to be that there was very little tolerance at all; either you’re with us or you’re against us. In many respects, it still is that way. But in other respects, tolerance has turned into this new thing which I don’t consider to be tolerance at all, that being tolerating intolerance. Sure, I’m all for tolerance . . . of tolerant positions. But tolerating intolerance is like looking the other way when you see a rape being commited.
Example: There’s no way that you can ever explain to me how believing that you can only get to heaven by believing like you do and everyone else will go to hell is anything but an intolerant position. Am I going to tolerate or even respect an intolerable position like that? Fuck no. But many, and dare I say most, do.… Read More
I think the title says it all . . .
It’s opinion poll time! Yes or no, are these things a violation of the separation of church and state?
1. A government meeting having a religious invocation.
2. In god we trust on money or under god in the pledge.
3. A public hospital having a chapel.
4. A private religious organization receiving funds or tax cuts from the government. Example, a religious hospital or religious addiction recovery program receiving funds from the government.
5. Swearing in on a Bible and saying so help me god.
6. Having the Ten Commandments on public property.
7. State sponsored prayer.
8. State sponsored “moments of silence.”
9. The president in his official capacity making religious statements such as god bless america.
10. Politicians allowing their religious affiliations to affect their political positions.
. . . Feel free to post anything you think is a violation that hasn’t been mentioned.